Safety & Reliability
At Dassel’s Petroleum, safety is our Number One priority and our trained technicians are absolutely dedicated to ensuring the safety of our customers. Should you ever have a concern, please call us immediately at 1-888-327-7357.
If you smell gas…
- If there are no flames or sparks immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not turn on lights or use appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger a fire or an explosion.
- Leave the area immediately. Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
- Shut off the gas. Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn it to the right (clockwise).
- Report the leak. Go to a neighbor’s home or other nearby building away from the gas leak and call us immediately at 1-888-327-7357. If you can’t reach us, call 911 or your local fire department.
- Do not return to the building or area until a Dassel’s service technician tells you it is safe to do so.
- Get your system checked. Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances, ensure that one of our qualified service technicians checks your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free.